Table of Contents
Move over Spring donuts, this bunny pancakes recipe is perfect for the occasion. While kids might want to dig into that pile of candy, parents want to find some balance with the food on the table. With a little creativity, the whole family will be hopping into the kitchen to enjoy this adorable recipe.
Finding recipes that make both kids and parents happy is not a simple equation. Although parents want to boost the healthy eating habits of the family, the kids want something that is tasty and fun. For many people, the visual is as important as the taste.
From a special brunch to just a fun breakfast recipe idea, these bunny pancakes will make both parents and kids happy. Packed with good nutrition, the first meal of the day is full with fruits, protein and some plant based food options.
How to make bunny pancakes.
Recently, Simple Mills shared its recipe for bunny pancakes. Using its Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix, the process is relatively easy. While this recipe is not vegan because of the eggs, the use of the coconut oil is a little healthier ingredient choice.
More importantly, this recipe is bursting with fruit. Although many people might not use carrots on pancakes, it can be an option to spark some creativity. Even consider making some candied carrot bacon for this dish. It could be the tastiest decoration (and ingredient).
Lastly, this recipe is all about having fun. Everyone’s bunny is meant to look a little different. It can be part of the fun of this recipe. Whether one bunny has more whiskers or another bunny has some crooked ears, the most important thing is that the bunny pancakes taste good.
Here’s how to make bunny pancakes.
- 1 box Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil or melted coconut oil plus more for cooking
- Toppings: strawberries, blueberries, sliced bananas, and shredded carrots
- MIX together Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix with eggs, almond milk, and oil until well combined.
- HEAT 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat in skillet or griddle.
- ADD pancake mix, 2 tablespoons at a time. When the pancake begins to bubble up, flip to heat the other side. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- REPEAT until all batter is cooked. This recipe makes twenty 4″ pancakes.
- ASSEMBLE the bunny pancakes, by placing one pancake on a plate.
- CUT another pancake in half to make the ears and place behind the first pancake. Using a cookie cutter or shot glass, cut out 2 circles from another pancake and place circles, side by side, on top of first pancake as cheeks.
- TOP ears with 4 sliced strawberries.
- ADD 2 sliced bananas and blueberries for the eyes.
- CUT the bottoms of 2 strawberries for the nose and mouth.
- ADD shredded carrots for whiskers.
- REPEAT for all servings. Enjoy!
Are these bunny pancakes hopping tasty food? What is your favorite creative breakfast recipe?