Plants are the best home decor option that adds natural beauty to the living space. They liven up the house by adding a fresh and vibrant feel and creating a positive environment. Furthermost, a perfectly placed plant either on the tabletop or any corner of the house aesthetically adds softness and architectural element to the area.
There is a wide range of indoor plants available in the market differing in size and shape. Each plant requires the right size of the pot that introduces texture and colour to the decor. However, picking the right pot for the plant can be a tricky yet creative job. Here’s why we brought you an expert to help you decide what’s best for your plants. Gurpreet Kaur Tuteja, creative head and founder of Eliteearth, shares her insights.
While selecting a pot, it is very important to analyse the space of decoration and type of plant. As each room functions differently, the plants should be according to their vibe and interior. For example:
- The study room needs a peaceful and calm environment; hence, a casual touch of a small planter will enhance the look.
- The living room needs to be strategically planned to compliment the furniture and the colour of the wall.
- Oxygen bomb plants are air purifying plants best suited for bedrooms.
- Therefore, one must ensure to find an ideal planter for the plants to enhance the room’s interior.
Size: 4 inches to 5 inches
The small tabletop planters add a modern yet comfortable style to the home interior. The charming little pots make the best home for succulents such as baby toes, echeveria, and cactus; herbs like rosemary, parsley and chives, jade, hibiscus, bamboo etc. These plants are best to decorate the small corner of the house to create an artful accent to decorate.
Tabletop planters can easily fit on the study table, dining table, bathroom window, kitchen corners, and office desk adding perfect greenery to the room.
Size: 12 inches to 20 inches
An entrance planter enhances both the interior and exterior appearance and appeal of the house. It symbolises the positive and creative environment around. The entrance planters make the best home for Chinese evergreen, parlour palm, peace lily, pothos, sansevieria, etc.
These plants alone can create a welcoming interior for the living room as well. Strategically placed beside the TV cabinet or couch, these plants make an everlasting impression and add lush greenery to the interior.
For minimalistic interior taste, snake plant, aloe or air plant can be the best option. These plants bring the decor an elegant feel and make them look less cluttered.
- Cleaning the leaf dust helps to keep the plant healthy and fresh.
- Make sure that the container/planter is heavy enough to anchor the plant.
- Make sure the plant pot has drainage holes in the bottom of the pot.
Also read: Beautify Corners of Your Home With These Home Décor Plants