DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Melamine Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Melamine Market was valued at around 1,500 kilotons in 2020 and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 3% in terms of revenue during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- BASF SE
- Borealis AG
- East China Engineering Science & Technology Co. Ltd (ECEC)
- EuroChem Group
- Grupa Azoty
- Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (GSFC)
- MITSUI CHEMICALS EUROPE GmbH
- Nissan Chemical Corporation
- OCI NV
- Prefere Resins Holding GmbH
- Qatar Petroleum
- Sichuan Energy Industry Investment Group Co., Ltd (SCEI)
Key Market Trends
Laminates to Dominate the Market
- Melamine resins are the polymers of choice used in the outer or decorative layer of laminates, as well as in the manufacture of counter and tabletops, kitchen cabinets, flooring, furniture, etc.
- Melamine resins impart hardness, transparency, stain resistance, freedom from discoloration, and overall durability. For this application, the resin, which is used to saturate the overlay or decorative sheet, is prepared by reacting approximately two moles of formaldehyde per mole of melamine.
- Phenolic resin costs less than melamine-formaldehyde resin. However, it is brown-yellow and non-transparent, hence, not suitable for surface layer applications. Melamine formaldehyde resin is widely used, as it is clear, transparent, and wear-resistant, and often serves as surface dipping material.
- Melamine laminated sheet is in a multilayer structure, including surface paper, decoration paper, and bottom paper. The surface paper is to protect patterns and designs on the decorative paper, to make the surface brighter, solider, and harder, and to provide it with better wear and corrosion resistance.
- Melamine laminated sheet has superior heat-resistant properties, as it is made of the setting plastic. It does not get softened, cracked, or bubbled at a temperature over 100C. It is well resistant to ironing and fire.
- These sheets are commonly applied to the surface decoration projects of walls, columns, tabletops, furniture, suspended ceilings, etc.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. With growing construction activities and the increasing demand for laminates, wood adhesives, and paints and coatings in countries, such as China, India, and Japan, the usage of melamine is increasing in the region.
- In Asia-Pacific, China provides the major market for the melamine of the regional market share. Despite the volatile growth in the real estate sector, the significant development of rail and road infrastructure by the Chinese government, in order to withstand the expanding industrial and service sectors, has resulted in significant growth of the Chinese construction industry in recent years.
- The Chinese construction industry was valued at about USD 1,096.69 billion in 2019, with a growth rate of about 12.8% compared to the previous year.
- Furthermore, the total new construction in Japan was accounted for about 127.55 million square meters in 2019 and reached about 113.74 million square meters in 2020, with a decline rate of about 10.5%, thus led to decrease in the consumption of construction materials like laminates, wood adhesives, and paint and coatings, which in turn negatively impacts the demand for the regional melamine market.
- As the construction industry is dominated by state-owned enterprises, increased government spending is boosting the industry in the country. This scenario may concrete the demand for melamine materials in the nearby future.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Strong Demand from the Construction Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Consumer Concerns about Formaldehyde Emission from Melamine-based Molding Compounds
4.2.2 Availability of Substitutes, like Liquefied Wood, Soy, and Powder Coatings
4.2.3 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to the Impact of COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5 Feedstock Analysis and Trends
4.6 Production Process
4.7 Import-Export Trends
4.8 Supply Scenario
4.9 Price Trend
4.10 Patent Analysis
4.11 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Volume and Value)
5.2.2 North America
5.2.4 South America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Trend of Melamine-based Foams
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jun0xy